Today is a great day to be above ground. If you’ve ever felt inadequate, insignificant, isolated, unseen, unheard, helpless, lonely, alone, scared, or unsure, then this is the episode for you.
Nelson Beltijar lost everything he’d ever worked for in the blink of an eye. He went from having a thriving physical therapy business to a life-changing cancer diagnosis that put him in numerous hospitals and left him unable to walk. He has since left his wheelchair, walker, and canes in the past and is now at a place in his life to apply what he’s learned in his victory over cancer to guide people and give them hope through his blog, The Positive Drip.
In this episode, I sit down with Nelson to take a deep dive into his past battle with cancer, how he restored his faith in God after feeling abandoned in his darkest hour, and why he now considers himself an imperfect soldier for Christ.
Nelson believes that God has plans for us, and He has made our paths cross today for this memorable conversation that will tickle your ears.
On This Episode:
- Nelson’s life-changing cancer diagnosis and why he considers that the easy part of his journey
- The genesis of and motivation for Nelson’s blog, The Positive Drip
- How adversity introduces a person to themselves
- The unsuspecting messenger who tested Nelson’s faith
- The point in Nelson’s journey where he realized that he could live and utilizing the power of visualization
- What to do if you’ve truly tried everything to pull yourself out of a hole
- When it comes to adversity, there are only two outcomes. Either you find a way to conquer it, or you crumble beneath it.
- Do not let the silence make you believe that God is not there.
- We are constantly being evaluated and tested to see if we’re worthy and strong enough to take the steps forward.
- You don’t have to go through this alone. Surround yourself with friends that truly want to see you win.
- “Adversity is a word we can’t escape, regardless of your age, your gender, your religion, and your status.” -Nelson Beltijar.
- “It’s hard to see it when you’re caught up in the middle of it, but when you’re forced to hang onto your faith a little bit stronger, and then you come out on the winning end, your roots start to grow even deeper.” -Nelson Beltijar.
- “If somebody is willing to just suspend their disbelief long enough that it’s possible, maybe they’ll have a story of victory too.” -Nelson Beltijar.
- “You will not be faced with a battle that you cannot overcome.” -Nelson Beltijar.
Connect with Nelson:
Connect with Joseph James:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/meetjoejames