Vinay Chary is the owner and Chief Instructor of Triumph Krav Maga/Monkey Bar Gym in New Orleans. He also holds a Krav Maga Worldwide 2nd Degree Black Belt and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt under Professor Matthias Meister.
On This Episode:
- Vinay shares his experiences growing up as an Indian in a majority white area.
- Learn how Vinay spiraled into alcoholism and the history of addiction in his family.
- Hear how a toxic relationship worsened Vinay’s addiction and habits.
- Joseph and Vinay discuss the rehab process and trying to be sober in New Orleans.
- Hear how learning self-defense can help you emotionally in addition to protecting yourself physically.
- Find encouragement to overcome the ups and downs of life and business.
- VInay explains why they sold everything they own and began traveling.
- You have to tackle problems like addiction with no half measures.
- Community is a necessary asset when overcoming addiction and trauma.
- Learning to defend yourself is secondary to the confidence it builds.
Everyone wants to talk about success, no one wants to talk about the small things. – Joseph James
Connect with Joseph James:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252908273026721