This week’s theme is all about the value of time. In today’s episode, Joseph James is speaking with Adriana Cowdin.
Adriana is a firm believer in living life to the fullest. She has 4 successful entrepreneurial businesses, all while fighting for her life. Over the past 5 years, she has had 27 procedures that have kept her alive.
Adriana lost her identity when she became increasingly ill. She didn’t want to be seen as a sick person. Her identity was in corporate America, but her body no longer allowed her to work those long hours in the office. She had to search for her new identity, so she started meditating daily.
The pressure not to work made her realize what made her happy and she started to do the things that she loved, including running a social media marketing agency and coaching over 6,500 clients globally, across 5 continents, in the past nearly 20 years.
Adriana’s battle with chronic illness started in childhood with severe asthma and recurrent bouts of bronchitis, which she outgrew as an adult. The toughest days came from 2015-2019 when I underwent over 25 procedures and surgeries. She has continued to battle wich chronic illnesses, including Type 3C diabetes, chronic pancreatic disease, gastroparesis, Addison’s disease, hypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, celiac disease, and osteoporosis.
She has learned to thrive in the body she was born with. To maximize her productivity and happiness, she schedules her day around when her body works best, usually doing the things she needs to do in the morning. She shares her story so other people who may be dealing with health dilemmas may feel seen.
In this episode:
- Adriana Cowdin shares how she manages how to run multiple successful businesses while battling chronic illnesses.
- How she created a new identity for herself after leaving corporate America.
- Finding Happiness and Thriving Amid Health Adversities
- How she built 4 businesses while fighting for her life.
- You can change your identity when you set your mind to it
- You are not alone, even in your darkest moments
- Learn to thrive in the body you are born with
- She became successful in entrepreneurship while fighting for her life
- “Life is really about how you find your way when adversity comes your way”
- “What we feed our mind grows”
- “No book was written for you unless you write it yourself”
- “I am blessed with every day I am given.”
- “If it helped one person, its worth it”
Connect with Adriana:
Adriana’s Website: https://adrianacowdin.com/
Adriana’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fabulousandfiercewomen/
Adriana’s Facebook Group, “Fabulous, Fit, & Financially Fierce Women Entrepreneurs”: https://www.facebook.com/groups/magnificentmillionaire
Connect with Joseph James: