Joseph James sits down with Debbie Freeman. Debbie opened a dance studio at 19 years old, danced for the Atlanta Hawks, and became a dance captain with the world-famous Radio City Rockettes. Debby found herself in a mentally abusive marriage, gaining over 100 pounds. Since then, she has lost the weight and has gone on to become Miss Nevada 2021 at the age of 50.
On This Episode:
- Debbie shares how she surpassed pain by dancing.
- Debbie talks about her traumatic background with her father as a child and how that affected her into adulthood.
- Joseph and Debbie discuss the importance of finding your worth.
- Hear the story of Debbie’s difficult relationship with her abusive, alcoholic husband.
- Discover the importance of building community.
- You can acknowledge your pain, but you also need to learn from it.
- Allow forgiveness.
- Life is not a rehearsal, the show must go on.
“Walking through life with hate is like hiking while wearing a big backpack. Your can’t go any further.”
Connect with Debbie:
Connect with Joseph James:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252908273026721