Whether we want to admit it or not, we all need rest. We need to give ourselves a break.
Those with a workhorse mindset may feel like resting is a negative thing, but it is so crucial. In a previous episode, Joseph talked about Mental, Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual rest.
In this episode, Joseph addresses Social Rest, which can be taking a rest from social interactions, or surrounding yourself with people who energize you. He also addresses Creative Rest and Sensory Rest.
We are constantly present, following people online and updating people about our lives. We overwork ourselves and under rest ourselves.
This episode builds on episode 040: Solo | Debunking the “I’ll Rest When I Die” Myth.
- American’s don’t take enough rest time.
- There are 7 ways to rest.
- When you don’t rest, you burn out and burn yourself out.
- “Allow yourself to be artistic for inspiration”
- “Get into a place where you can shine”
- “Take a rest from your environment”
- “The strongest individuals take a 30-minute break to give themselves a break, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually”
Connect with Joseph James:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252908273026721