(Replay) Most people deal with pain in their life by avoiding or numbing the feelings they have. When Joseph James was growing up, he coped with his pain by avoiding putting himself in uncomfortable situations. All throughout his childhood, and even into adulthood this avoidance continued.
In this episode, Joseph shares tips to deal with your trauma and pain head-on, and stop feeling shame and emptiness. Listeners, if you are avoiding painful situations and not attempting to find a resolution, this episode is for you.
Trauma almost always leads to shame, and we as humans try to do everything we can to avoid the feeling of shame. Shame showed up in Joseph’s life by needing approval from his parents, friends, coaches, and mentors. He had to look within himself to seek his own approval and not need others’ approval.
On This Episode:
- Joseph talks about the dangers of avoiding situations that remind us of our past.
- How childhood trauma can show up in adult life if you don’t deal with it properly.
- You are responsible for creating the atmosphere you want. Bring the vibe you want with you.
- The result of trauma is shame.
- Shame makes us seek approval.
- Healing from trauma requires turning to the true authentic self.
- Joseph is always on a healing journey, it is a thing he will continue to work on.
- By not recognizing your trauma, you will never heal.
- “Vulnerability brings healing.”
- “Create the atmosphere you want when you walk into a room.”
- “Do not run away from your trauma, embrace it. Take ownership of it.”
Please share this episode with anyone in your life who is experiencing trauma or pain, this podcast is all about helping others find their Purpose Through Pain.
Connect with Joseph James:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252908273026721