Serena’s father was the leader of a Satanic cult, and sexually abused Serena as a young child.
She spent the early years of her life in the witness protection program, 9 different foster homes, and experienced teenage addiction, homelessness, and – just last year – her husband’s suicide.
Despite her challenges she has found her purpose.
On This Episode:
- Learn how Serena has helped others find their purposes.
- Find out what purpose through pain means to Serena.
- Hear about Serena’s struggle to connect with different foster families and her inability at a young age to adapt.
- Learn how childhood trauma impacted her adulthood.
- Serena shares how she met her husband and the betrayal that she experienced.
- Learn how fear became the driving factor in Serena’s decisions.
- Discover how you can actually unpack.
- Forgiveness is for you.
- You can’t earn love, it has to be freely given.
- Don’t drown in other’s expectations. You have to fill your own void.
- Pain and the journey behind the victory is where the inspiration lies.
- “You find joy in the suffering.”
- “You’re never really alone.”
- “Healing is an ongoing process.”
- “You can’t heal when you hide.”
- “We are as sick as our secrets.”